Reporting Non-Attendance with Orange SUccess
Mid-Semester Progress Report (MSPR)
To comply with Title IV regulations, Syracuse University tracks student “Non-Attendance” through Orange SUccess. Faculty are expected to indicate students who Stopped attending a class using Orange SUccess during the MSPR. The Office of the Registrar and the Office of Financial Aid will monitor Orange SUccess and mark students in PeopleSoft and track enrollment status changes, and return funds as needed.
Effective Spring 2018, teaching assistants (TAs) will now be able to report non-attendance for non-graded sections through Orange SUccess. Your input to this survey will provide the student with an immediate email notification of the alert.
To access the Mid-Semester Progress Report(s) for your course(s):
- Open an updated or new browser. (i.e. – Chrome) Outdated browsers cannot open Orange SUccess.
- Login to Orange SUccess through MySlice (Faculty Services pagelet) or Blackboard (Tools menu).
- Links to Outstanding Surveys will be displayed at the top of your Orange SUccess homepage.
- Once you reach the survey grid, check the appropriate box(es) next to the student’s name for whom you would like to report Non-Attendance. To send a personalized message, click on the note icon appearing next to the student’s name.
- Click Submit to complete the survey and send immediate email notifications to those student on whom you indicated an alert.
- If you don’t want or need to report any concerns it is still important that you click Submit.
- Concerns you raise will be addressed by the advisors.
How do I complete the Mid-Semester Progress Report (MSPR) within Orange SUccess?
MSPR report generation instructions: (All flags reported can be reviewed at any time from your Orange SUccess dashboard)
Advisors: Submit a FAST request for access to the Orange SUccess MSPR folder within MyReports.
Faculty Advisors: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request reports for your all of your advisees, or provide the individual student name and SUID.
For more information, please visit: