Your Right to Know as a Student
- Flags can only be viewed by you, the faculty member that raised the flag, advisors, and individuals in the office associated with the flag you received. Only you have access to your dashboard.
- The Orange SUccess system does not police you, but rather embraces you and your success. The main goal of Orange SUccess is to help you engage and stay connected with your faculty and advisors.
- The Orange SUccess system is not punitive. The main goal of using Orange SUccess is to help you be successful during your time at Syracuse University, as well as stay connected to Syracuse University community.
- Orange SUccess is protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). To learn more about what FERPA is and the rights it affords you click here.
- All academic advisors can see all flags and information in Orange SUccess.
- The Annual Notification of Rights Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
Getting Started with Orange SUccess
The mission of Orange SUccess is to provide comprehensive tools for students to connect with Syracuse University resources. It gives faculty a way to track student progress throughout the semester to ensure the right people are able to intervene when they begin to display patterns of concerning behavior.
Getting started is easy. Every user will automatically have access to Orange SUccess through MySlice and Blackboard accounts. Find and click the link in the “student services” pagelet of MySlice or “tools” panel of Blackboard. After you sign in, you will find the Orange Success icon on the screen. For students, their Home page includes access to a customizable profile and personalized channels connected to faculty and advisors. Orange SUccess can also help you manage the steps you need to take to stay on track and meet your goals.
Update up your Profile
Begin by updating your student profile. Your profile lets faculty and advisors know who you are and how to contact you. It also gives you control over how you wish to receive emails. Click your name in the top right corner of your Home page to open your profile.
From here, you can customize your profile by uploading a photo, setting appointment reminders, and adding a secondary email address for receiving Orange SUccess emails. Click the Both radio button associated with “Send my correspondence to”.
Once you have made your desired changes to your profile, click the Submit button to save your updates.
The right hand column of your Dashboard highlights items that require your attention and may include alerts related to your class work, recommended referrals to campus support offices to help you succeed, and Kudos from your faculty.
My Success Network
Click the My Success Network icon on your Home page to display your personalized network. This channel lists the people and resources that are available to assist you. (You can browse a broader list of available services in the Service Catalog). For each person or service listed you will find contact information, supporting websites, and, if online scheduling is enabled, a link to make an appointment. If a service includes a waiting room for walk-in appointments, you can click the “Waiting Room” link to find out how many students are currently in line.
Connect to people and services that can help you
The My Success Network and Courses channels display the people and services that are available to help you succeed. Here you can find key contact information as well as links to student service websites and online appointment scheduling.
Raise Your Hand
- Click the “Raise Your Hand” icon.
- Select either “I need an advisors help” or “I need help in a course”.
- In the details section please provide as much information as possible.
- Click the Submit button to submit your request when you are finished.
Click the Courses icon on your Home page to display information about courses you are enrolled in as well as contacts and available support related to each.
Like the My Success Network channel, it is personalized to show the people and services specific to the courses you are taking, and gives you the ability to request help related to a course.
Certain counselors and advisors may be listed in your personal My Success Network channel, but other individuals and services can be found in the broader Services catalog accessed from the top navigation bar. On this page you can search for a service or scroll through the list of available services. For each service you can, view contact information, visit service websites, and schedule online appointments (if available).